Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Active Imagination

Kit
So once in a while we daydream what would happen if we gained our individual bodies and had some freedom. Usually, those who would be separated are the stronger ones, such as Samantha, Mark, and sometimes Daryl. Other times, it includes Dark and a few others, but we usually don't run the whole mental list. I think a part of it is because some of them aren't as strong as others, or don't draw attention to themselves normally. (Sonic for example, tends to remain quiet and hidden for the most part, as does Claudia).

It seems that if we did get separated, there's a standing belief that we'd wish to remain in contact with one another -- a telepathic or empathic link to allow us to feel each other's presence and commnicate with one another. I think we consider this the 'natural' state for ourselves, and that even if we all had our own bodies, we'd want to keep that sort of connection.

One thing that comes to mind is, what would we do with ourselves?

Samantha
I'd wanna visit my boyfriend, that's for certain. :> But yeah.. then what? Do we each get our own computer? How about space in the house? What about paying bills? I'd love to be able to run around and be myself, but yeah there's a lot of problems with this kinda thing. :<>

Oh that kinda reminds me of things Kit used to do to help us talk with him way back. :> He'd pull out a piece of paper and let us all just write, talking to him stream of thought kinda thing. It sort of worked, we'd write about whatever through him and hash things out, but this is kinda better and worse. Better, in that you can actually read us (some of us sucked at hand writing), but worse in that we kinda take more control and write longer when we do this. With the handwriting thing, it was come and go, but with this we kinda want to write more, and it is a bit slower if you can believe it.

Mark
I think the hand-writing was more an instinctual process, that's why. It picked up a lot more, and we were all more comfortable with it. Daydreaming about freedom is nice, and in the context of a fantasy, adding the elements we usually see with them, is fine. The reality would be a lot worse for us. Some of you have less concerns in the Real World, and have a more solid anchor than others of us. Daryl wouldn't be as demanding as, say, Claudia, Bard, Sonic, or Dark. I wouldn't have much to do there myself, I think.

Shawn
You're beating around the bush.

Mark
Yes, I am. Unlike you, I care about what people feel.

Shawn
Which defeats the purpose of this blog, right? You figure she's taken, which means there's not much point to being out and about, since the only reason you want to be out is gone. You think Cat's not yours, but you'd not turn her down. You're scared that you'd be rejected. Is that so hard?

Samantha
Tactful as ever.

Shawn
I'm not paid to be tactful. Seriously, the entire point of this experiment is to give you all a chance to speak your mind. So why not speak your mind? Kit's uneasy and questions his sanity, which I find a cosmic joke, since we're here aren't we? At least you've gotten over your existential angst. Mark's the one with the big issues, and throws up the 'I don't care' wall these days. Oh, and of course, this is my first time posting, so might as well say hi. Hi, I'm Shawn, and I'm an ass. Get that out of the way before someone else does.

Kit
I always figured Daryl would write something before Shawn would. I don't think he is quite up to coming out like this though. He's barely back into RP, and that backfired on him some.

Samantha
Yeah, though he's got some people accepting him, they're just too busy with their lives to give him the long-term attention he needs. Still, some's better than others, right?

Kit
I guess so.

Samantha
I think we drifted. :> This is a lot closer to what we used to do though, good and bad. Anyway, I think we're done here. Time to put this puppy to bed. ;>

No comments:

Post a Comment