Monday, June 29, 2009

First Post (or 'why am I here?')

I just finished reading an article, talking about the rivalry between Facebook and Google. Being a fan of Google, I decided to see just what they have available for me to use. I mean, I use Google Chrome, and I've even got a Gmail account, but there's all these buttons at the top which I've more or less ignored.

So... I started wandering, and noticed that ... I've a Blogger account sitting here waiting for me. I've got Livejournal (with about a hundred people following me... what the hell?) but I had never done anything with Blogger. I've made a few posts in Facebook, but the only reason I do anything there is because 1) my company has a Facebook account, and 2) I've been playing a Legend of the Five Rings game there. My committment to Facebook is... eh. I could take it or leave it.

So, posting on LJ and on Blogger... why would I do that? Isn't it a bit... redundant? Yeah, I think it is. I'm trying to decide how I want to do this, and just how much to put here, versus there. LJ's a little more convenient (what with this nice program in my taskbar which allows me to post at-whim), but if I use Blogger, it is consolidated with everything else I've got with Google, and would make me a little more organized. I think.

A tough question. We'll see how this works out, I guess. Hmm, you know, I like that little 'autosave' thing that this has, I've noticed the 'save now' button flash from time to time to make sure I do't lose anything.

Nifty.

1 comment:

  1. I love Google, I use Gmail, RSS reader, documents, photos, calendar. I'm giving Chrome a little more time to get things running (like noscript) on it. Too many viruses in ads now-a-days x_x

    I even have my Gmail pimped out lol http://pics.livejournal.com/naa/pic/00019fdp

    Though now they changed the labels I don't have the full pimped out look lol

    I haven't used blogspot because I have LJ and had that long before I dealt with Google.

    ReplyDelete